Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just Another Day In TV Land

This is just one of those days when I just want to say screw it all, quit my job and just open up a little craft store and bakery and make projects all day and bake cakes all night. I’m being torn in a thousand directions; the network is challenging our insane schedule, my Fearless Leader is on the ledge and about to jump and I’m the one trying to keep things together and sane, all with a smile on my face. Today that smile is fading thanks to my migraine. Don’t get me wrong, most of the time I love my job, but it’s a highly stressful job a majority of the time. Sometimes I get off on the stress and other times, like this week, I reach the burn out point. And I have a networking event to attend tonight when all I really want to do is go home, run a hot bath, grab a cup of tea and my book and relax. Then I can crawl into bed, all warm and cozy and snuggle with my dog, Jack, while I try and put the finishing touches on the cross stitch tree skirt that I’ve been working on for the past ten (yes, ten) years before my wonderful and amazing fiancĂ© comes home from hockey.

Sigh.

These days happen… on some shows more frequently than others. I must say that while production on this show was a bitch, post hasn’t been as bad as expected so I shouldn’t be complaining. But I am. Like I said, it’s just one of those days. Fearless Leader feels a little beaten up by the network. I think he’s being a little sensitive but I understand where he’s coming from. We have a good show on our hands and we have the network excited about it our schedule is just scary and we’re quickly approaching our air dates. Thankfully we’re about to lock our first show and our second should be locked tomorrow. The others will work themselves out, they just take precious time that we don’t have. And I will continue to try and be Superwoman and be in eighteen different places at the same time. I’ve done it before and it’s not going to be the last time. I’ll just have to save my daydreaming about the quilts I’m going to make and the duck curry I’m going to perfect for later because right now I need to find an interview bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment