Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sewn Together March Blocks Done

I finished April's blocks for the Sewn Together Bee this month and I'm quickly getting them off in the mail before I leave on a trip to Guatemala for the next several weeks. I really love the Wonky Log Cabin and it was a very easy way to ease my way into my first ever quilt blocks. It was also such an honor to help April make this quilt because I know these fabrics mean a lot to her. She asked each of us to initial the blocks so I machine embroidered mine onto each.

P1000083
My first ever block! I loved making this for the month of March in the Sewn Together Bee!

I was experimenting a little so I made the center of my first block with two triangles and I have to say that I really kind of like how it turned out. As I was making the second block I realized that I was running out of strips of fabric long enough for the outer rows so I had to improvise and change my vision a little at the last minute but in the end I am satisfied with the outcome.

P1000081
I hope that April likes these blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment