Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Baby Quilt for Sara

Our friends Dan and Sara are having a baby girl this summer so I started on a quilt for them. I did a little investigative research to find out their color scheme. Basically, I looked at their baby registry and saw that Sara was registering for accessories in the green tones. Lucky me! Green is my favorite color.

IMG_9119

I decided to do a strip quilt for them so once I picked out my fabrics I cut a variety of strips in different widths and lengths and laid out the strips for the quilt top. I don't know if the way I'm putting this quilt together is the correct or best way but it seemed like the right way to me. I'm flying blind here. I saw a strip quilt I loved on a Flickr group and that was my inspiration.


After I laid out my patterned strips I cut strips from plain green cotton to frame out the quilt top. Here's to hoping my little experiment works!

2 comments: