Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back in the "Sewing" of Things

After a week back I am slowly starting to get back into the swing of things. I came home from my trip and I was greeted with awesome blocks from my Sewn Together Bee! I can’t wait to sit down and start laying out the blocks for the quilt they’re helping me make for my wonderful and amazing fiancĂ©!

for Sewn Together Hollie
Sorrel's Blocks for me.

Sewn Together BeeSewn Together Bee July

Mandy's blocks for me.

July block for Sewn Together July block for Sewn Together

Anna's Blocks for me.

I also won a giveaway just before I left and I was greeted with a fantastic Bliss charm pack courtesy of Katy over here! Thanks Katy! I can’t wait to make something with it!

I'm a Winner!Bliss

I also finally got all of my online fabric purchases organized! Yes, I know I bought a lot of fabric when I was away. But it’s so easy now that we can shop online. The internet really is a dangerous thing, isn’t it?

P1000497P1000472P1000493

I am very excited, too, that I was finally able to join in the do. Good Stitches Charity Bee. I read about this really amazing project on Rachel's blog last month. She has added two more charities and with that, more openings. We're still looking for quilters and stitchers in the Hope circle and the Faith circle. And if we get enough interest we just might open up another circle for a charity called Threading Hope I found that I would love to help out. Check out the bee and let Rachel know if you want to join us.

Lastly, I got caught up on my bee blocks for July and I started working on my blocks for this month. We also decided that I can turn our garage office into my work studio, so in the coming weeks (who am I kidding with my workload it will be months) I am going to start working on transforming the space. My first order of business is to create a design wall. I’ve been reading other blogs, getting tips, techniques and ideas together and one of these days I’ll be ready to execute my master plan. Until then, I’m still working at the dining room table…

No comments:

Post a Comment