Monday, August 23, 2010

Hurrah for Productive Weekends!

I had an incredibly productive weekend and as usual I crammed a lot of activity into a mere two days. Saturday my wonderful and amazing fiance had some work to do so I took that as an opportunity to run down to my favorite little local craft store to see if I could find any fabrics to inspire me for Ruthie's baby quilt. I pretty much had decided that I was going to work with an orange and turquoise color palate so I was rather shocked when I ended up walking out with a jelly roll of Hello Betty by Moda! I just wasn't feeling the orange and turquoise selection at the store and I started browsing the pre-cuts and the Hello Betty started calling out to me. Suddenly Ruthie's baby quilt started coming together in my head. Bingo! Inspiration!

IMG_0206

I also joined my very first swap, a charm swap, and the colorway our lovely hostess chose was Pink. Now, I might sometimes have pink hair, but I'm not really a pink person so there's not a lot of pink in my stash but I still wanted to participate because I know that pink can be cool and I have so many friends having babies that pink can probably come in real handy! But that meant I had to pick up some pink fabric for the charm swap and, I have to say that surprisingly I am pretty happy with what I found! Especially the hot pink chandelier fabric - I have been eyeing that for months and finally had an excuse to get me some! So my charms are cut and on their way to our wonderful Swap Hostess. I can't wait to see what comes back to me!

IMG_0222

Lastly, the Hope Circle in the do. Good Stitches Bee finally filled up but no one stepped up to host the circle, so I did. I am so excited to get started on this project so I couldn't let our little circle go host-less. I'm trying to get things in gear so we can start in September, fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stepping up to the plate! I can't wait to start our first project :)

    ReplyDelete