Friday, September 10, 2010

Ruthie's Quilt is Done!

Sorry I've been quiet for a couple days. Between work and Rosh Hashanah it's been a busy week. L'shanah tovah to all my friends out there in the blogosphere.

IMG_0393

I finished the quilt for Ruthie's soon-to-be-born baby! Yippee! I actually finished it over the weekend but I haven't had a chance to get pictures up until today. This quilt definitely taught me some much needed lessons, like measure twice and cut first, but only after you've quilted! I must say I am really pleased with how it turned out. It's going to be hard to give this one up, but I can't wait to meet the little one to whom it belongs. Little him or her should be here very, very soon. I really enjoyed the process of making this quilt as well as the overall aesthetic. I think I will be making many more of these in my future.

IMG_0410


IMG_0402

IMG_0395


Ruthie's Quilt is finished at approximately 38.5" x 38.5". I used the tutorial found here at Crazy Mom Quilts. If you want to make the baby sized version like I did, I ended at Week 6. So the materials needed will be less than in the tutorial, obviously. I'll get back to you with exact numbers if you're interested. The Yellow and Green fabrics are from the Hello Betty line by Chloe's Closet for Moda. The sashing is Moda Bella in Bleached White. The backing is a single cut of Amelia Stripe by Timeless Treasures and the binding is Kona in Banana.

15 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I think that's a great size for a baby. It's big enough to snuggle but small enough to drag around when he/she starts walking. I do love the Kona Banana (love that name) yellow for the binding. It ties in the solids you had to add really well and has a nice contrast to the backing. I am on a search for the perfect yellow with white polka dot fabric. Once I told you about it I couldn't get it out of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful quilt. Love the colors! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has a hard time actually giving away her quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a precious baby quilt!! you did a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the banana and green! Very cute baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and cute simplicity of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great baby colors & I love the straight quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful baby quilt. Just gorgeous fabics and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific color combination. Classic design. Perfect for a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colors for a little one! A good quilt to grow up with:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job sugar, colours scream sunshine...blessings from quilt story madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really sweet, you did a great job!! Love the color combo! Thanks for linking up on Fabric Tuesdays, see you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete