Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sewn Together September Blocks

IMG_0449

I have been so busy with bees and swaps lately! In the Sewn Together Bee this month Amy asked for a Modified Bento Box that she is going to use to make a lap quilt for her Father-In-Law for Christmas.

IMG_0450

One of the things I love about participating in Bees is stepping outside of your comfort zone and working with new materials and learning new blocks and techniques. I don't have any batiks in my fabric stash. They're generally not my style but I loved making these blocks for Amy. She sent me a variety of reds, greens and blues.

IMG_0451

I decided to go as monochromatic, if you will, rather than mix the greens and the reds together. I guess that's where my design aesthetic shows. September blocks are done! I'm ready for October.

No comments:

Post a Comment