Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's a very good day!

I have been stealing a precious few sewing moments in the morning for the past two days. Yesterday I woke up at 5 am because my mind was working overtime. All good things, in fact it turned out to be a VERY good thing. I was just offered a new show and a huge promotion and since I don't have an agent I knew I would have to negotiate the contract myself yesterday and I hate to negotiate contracts. I am so bad at it. I am too nice. But since I was up early and I couldn't shut off the brain I decided to start working on my second block for my monthly commitment in the do. Good Stitches Bee. I went with 2" squares that cascade from yellow to white and initially I cut too few squares but before I had to leave for work I was able to get all 9 rows of squares pieced together.


This morning I got up at a reasonable hour now that the next gig is in line and the contracts have been negotiated. The life of a freelancer. But I ended up with a few spare moments so I started working on piecing the rows together. I didn't have enough time to finish the block completely but it's about 75% of the way there and I should be able to finish it up tonight or tomorrow morning. I've found that any day that starts off with a little sewing can't turn out bad.

And stay tuned because in 5 more posts I'll be hosting a giveaway to celebrate my 100th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment