Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Fabric Finds

The countdown has begun... Five more (grueling) weeks to go on this show and then I'm done and that means 37 days from today we're leaving for Thailand! I cannot wait!

I know I shouldn't be spending money on fabric right now. I should be saving it for our weddingmoon, but my wonderful and amazing fiance and I were out in Silverlake yesterday and he was sweet enough to let me stop into check out Sew LA. I've heard great things about this little fabric shop but I've never had the chance to visit because it's all the way on the other side of town. It's a cute, cozy little shop full of some beautiful quilting fabrics, notions and hip patterns. They teach classes and the staff is friendly and welcoming.

P1030535

I didn't really go too crazy but I did splurge a little and bought some Echino. We need some new pillows on the couch and my wonderful and amazing fiance really liked two of the Echino prints. I think they can stand on their own so as soon as I have a moment they'll be turned into some new pillows for the living room.

I also couldn't resist picking up a yard of "Free to Grow" and I saw a half yardage of solid silver discounted in the remnant pile so that came home with me too.

I got a half yard of the bird fabric and I'm thinking that might turn into a cute rectangular pillow, while the purple african animal print is going to be showcased in a nice square pillow in all it's glory. My only regret is that I think I should have picked up some of the Echino purple solids they had for piping. Or what do you think about selvedge piping? Would that work? What do you think?

Also what am I going to start calling said wonderful and amazing fiance six weeks from today? Because we're getting married SIX WEEKS FROM TODAY! How can that be?! Our wedding is right around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This next 6 weeks will fly by!!!!!
    How exciting! I wanna hear all the details mate!!!
    Kelli
    xxx

    ReplyDelete