Friday, January 28, 2011

Jewel's Round Robin

Just before the holidays there were lots of calls for donation quilts for a myriad of causes affecting people all around the world, and while I desperately wanted to join in and help them all I knew I couldn't. Then I saw Julie's post on her blog Sew Jewely. She was looking for quilters to participate in a round robin to benefit the people of Haiti starting after the new year. This was right up my alley.

I've never participated in a Round Robin before so the format is new to me. Each participant creates the center of a quilt and then sends it, along with some additional fabrics to the next person on the list. You then have a month to add at least 15" inches to the quilt using the fabrics provided and some from your own stash before sending it to the next person on the list. And so on until you receive your own quilt top back. Once you have your original quilt top back it's time to quilt and bind it. All finished quilts will be donated to Quilt Hope In and sold on their Esty store. All the profits will benefit women and children in need in Haiti.

IMG_3711

I improv'ed my quilt center using a combination of solids and orange patterned fabrics. My quilt center and fabric scraps are now on their way to Jorie and I am anxiously awaiting to see what Terrie has in store for me this month.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Hollie! This looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea of Round Robin quilts! I can't wait to see the progress you make as a group!

    ReplyDelete