Friday, March 4, 2011

UHG Brainstorming

IMG_4077

I decided to attack the three swaps I'm currently in methodically. I put the swap deadlines into my calendar and since SUTK had the first deadline I started there. Now that my SUTK package has been sent off to it's new home I can start concentrating on the Urban Home Goods Swap. Unfortunately the deadline for UHG is a mere week after the SUTK deadline so I am in a bit of panic mode. But not really. It's just time to focus on my new secret partner.

Coming back to the UHG partner with a clear head I quickly realized what I was going to make for her. I am excited about this one. Again, I got a partner that didn't give me a ton of direction but I think she gave me just enough to get headed in the right one. (I hope!) And, thankfully, she's been speaking up in various swaps so I've been able to keep tabs on her likes and dislikes that way as well. I do know that she is a fan of bright colors so I picked up some delicious Amy Butler Soul Blossoms last weekend that totally said "My UHG Partner!" to me, loud and clear.

IMG_4075

So I am excited. I have a clear agenda the problem is just time. February came and went in the blink of an eye and I had so little time for sewing because it turned out to be an incredibly crazy month. I think my absence here on my blog is a clear reflection of that. So March is starting off trying to catch up from February. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time this weekend either, but I'm committed to using every spare moment I can find to get all caught up and make my deadlines!

2 comments:

  1. I love when you have that A-HA moment during swaps. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're like me, you work better under pressure! I decided on my second item this morning, sewed for a few hours, and got everything in the mail by 2PM :) So here's to a great sewing weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete