Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kitchen Goodies Swap Sent

IMG_4564

I am getting really, really close to wrapping up all my Spring swaps. After this one I just have one more to go for my LQG. I don't exactly know how I stumbled upon the Kitchen Goodies Swap but something compelled me to join in the fun. After careful research (AKA blatant stalking) I decided to create a table runner for my secret partner. This was my first table runner and it came together so quick and easy. I really love it. In fact I'm considering creating a simple tutorial for the project. What do you think?

IMG_4585

IMG_4580

I decided on a simple circle motif using the ever popular color combo or red and aqua with Kona Ash for the background. Then, another first... I decided to quilt it with hand stitching. I have never hand stitched a quilt before. It always seemed too time consuming and difficult to get the stitches to come out just right. After thinking about it I decided there was no better time than the present to step outside my box and just try it. I absolutely swoon over hand stitches and I know I'm not the only one. You know what I discovered? I think I adore hand stitching because hand stitches aren't perfect and they are beautiful because of the imperfection... the humanity if you will that they add to a project. I think I'm hooked!

IMG_4628

IMG_4631

And because I can't just send along one thing (I have a problem, I know) I whipped up some matching, reversible circular coasters complete with hand stitching.

IMG_4624

I rounded out the package with a couple extra goodies and sent it off to my secret partner. I hope she likes it as much as I do!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That is REALLY cool! I think I am gonna be doin a little bit of copy cat work.. I hope that is a bit of flattery.. cuz I think it is something my skill set might be able to handle (only if I do it by hand).. and I just LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! What a seriously lucky partner! It's all so beautiful and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever your partner is.. I am so jealous of her although I am insanely in love with what I got from the same swap! I love your handstitching. So true, imperfection makes it more lovable and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those all came out great, even with the concerns of hand quilting it. Very nice, love the pattern and color. I'd love to see your tutorial on this. Currently working on a table runner for my beginners group so I'm interested in seeing different way to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hollie, everything looks beautiful. I love you choice of using Kona Ash with the aqua and red. Your hand stitching makes the piece a one-of-a-kind. Your partner will love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete