Monday, October 24, 2011

Final A Dozen Quilters Block

I got way behind in A Dozen Quilters Bee, and sadly September was our last month for that bee. It's for the best I suppose. I have been seriously over committed and my hectic work schedule wasn't making matters any better. Patty was in charge of our final project: a breast cancer awareness quilt. She sent us each some fabrics and asked us to make one block that would finish to 12" in any style we wanted.

IMG_6692

I had been wanting to try a block like this for some time and I thought this was a great project for it. I like the linear quality of the block and I knew it would go well with some of the other blocks I saw come in for this project. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's going to be one gorgeous quilt. I loved working on a year of charity project with these 12 ladies. Thank you ladies of A Dozen Quilters!

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabric, and love the look of this block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it always nice to be in community with other likeminded quilters? No matter if you haven't made it by September - your block will be a beautiful contribution to the group!

    ReplyDelete