Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Looking for a Few Good Stitchers

I'm looking for a few people out there who would like to join in a VQB. We have a couple spots open in the Hope Circle that I run for do. Good Stitches. We're looking for one Quilter and one Stitcher to join our group this round. Each round lasts five months and every month we make a charity quilt for Threading Hope. All ten members are responsible for making two blocks a month from their stash and sending them off to the Quilter. In addition to making two blocks a month, each of the 5 Quilters in the group are responsible for choosing the pattern and color scheme for one month and then they assemble the quilt and send it off to the charity. It's a lot of fun and for a great cause.

Then, the Sewn Together Bee is gearing up for our third year together and we have a few openings. This is a more traditional VQB. There are 12 members working together and each member is responsible for one month. The week before your month starts, send out fabric and instructions for your quilt blocks to the other 11 members of the group and then members send back their completed blocks at the end of the month.

If you would like more information on either of these VQBs or would like to join us please email me ASAP. Both bees start up again in August.

5 comments:

  1. Me me me !!
    I've sent a form for do.Good.Stitches but had no answer (probably due to the fact that you're taking a little vacation) so I'd love to join your circle as a quilter !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm already in do. Good Stitches (joy circle), but I've been looking for a bee to join. If you still have a spot, let me know. I blog at monpetitlyons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hollie! I would love to join either the do.Good.Stitches bee, or the Sewn Together Bee! Just let me know where to go/what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a bee! Are there any spots left?

    ReplyDelete